Updated: Nov 21, 2021
The concept of 𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙖𝙢𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙖 at Leveza Yoga
Traditional Yoga is based on the concept of parampara, which literally means an uninterrupted and direct succession of experiential knowledge passed from teacher to student. Abandoning to the lineage of Astanga, for example, means perpetrating teachings of the past without interceding with your own perception, defending the "pure" tradition.
Far from discussing how useful / true / possible this can be, Leveza Yoga sees a new way of considering the lineage, that is a new teacher-student relationship and transmission of knowledge. Past, present and future become one as long as the vision of yoga as medicine and purificating practice is carried on. It is not about teaching the same sequence or rules that creates a bond and continuity, but the clear affirmation of the fundamental reasons of these practices:
- to free ourselves from the sense of oppression and control of the mind;
- to aspire to create high vibrations in our bodies;
- to perceive the bond with other beings;
- to serve them;
- to nurture compassion for ourselves and others;
- to feeling part of an uninterrupted cycle of life forces.
This is our parampara.